What is the goal of Philosophy?
Throughout the history of philosophy, the main focus of the prevailing mood in time changes quite often. The Monists, Pluralists, and Atomists were interested in Cosmology. The Sophists sought the more existential truths and were more interested in power and winning. Then comes Socrates and his interest in ethics and what it means to be good.
Today, it’s hard to say where the main focus lies. Philosophy Mind, of Science, of Mathematics, of Law, of Language, of Religion, Metaphysics, Epistemology, etc. are all hotbeds for theoretical literature. As such, one can tell a lot about a philosopher’s position by the fields that he or she believes to be most important today. For example, if I were to name off the four most important fields in Philosophy today, they would be Logic, Epistemology, Philosophy of Science, and Philosophy of Mind.
What do you think my major focus is in philosophy? If you were to name the four most important areas of philosophy, what would they be to you?
- DIY Gigs And A Whole Host of Abominable Creatures
- AntiSeen Live and Obstinate (III)
- AntiSeen Live And Obstinate (II)
- AntiSeen Live And Obstinate!
- The Best Band I Hope You’ve Heard About By Now: Hans Condor (pt. v)
- The Best Band You’ve (Probably) Never Heard Of (That I keep writing about)- IV
- The Best Band You’ve (Probably) Never Heard Of !!! (Part III)
- The Best Band You’ve (Probably) Never Heard Of! (Pt. 2)
- The Best Band You’ve (Probably) Never Heard Of!
- An Image (In A Parable)
- An Image (3)
- An Image (2)
- An Image (1)
- Print the Legend
- Help Me Get To Japan (Now Defunct)
- Uh. Hmm. Alright.
- Hollow Words
- The Steps I Gotta Take
- HOW TO WRITE GOOD
- Who am I? Who are you? (The Self)
- Nietzsche: The Modern State and The Last Man